Isirika is a youth-led social enterprice with a diverse team of 3 staff and an advisory committee drawn from different sectors and regions. We are founded on the traditional practice of “Isirika” in the Maragoli community in Kenya. ISIRIKA loosely translated means, ‘Equal Generosity’ or ‘Caring Together for One Another’.
We contribute towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and the implwmwntation of the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security.
We derive our mandate from young people who anchoring our initiatives on global policy frameworks to achieve sustainable social impact.
Human Rights, Equal Generosity, Community Care, Diversity and Social inclusion, Accountability, empathy and Gender Equality
- To promote youth skills development through training, coaching and mentorship for youth aged 18-35 in Africa
- To promote youth employability and entrepreneurship through access tot tailored funding job opportunities, personalized support for application and job referrals for youth aged 18-35
- To promote political participation through civic education, advocacy and curating opportunities for action for youth aged 18-35
- To promote multi-stakeholder partnerships to advance youth development in line with Youth, Peace and Security Agenda
- Skills – Coaches/Mentors, Yoga Instructor, Skills trainers
- Physical space to host community library
Technical support for project design and implementation
- Over 150+ volunteers across all projects in 2022
- Books and learning materials for community library
- Social support from communities
- Social Justice and Advocacy
- Political Participation
- Literacy and Knowledge Sharing
- Economic Development
- Personal and Professional Development
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Physical Health and Fitness